Thursday, August 30, 2012

ALL ABOARD!!...............



All Aboard!

     Because of some health concerns, my husband has decided to join me on my journey to healthier living! Woohooo! This is awesome for a couple of reasons. First, the obvious; we all need to live healthier and prepare for our older years. Secondly, it will be so much easier and nicer to have a partner on my journey!

     The doc gave him a strong tongue lashing at his last visit to lose some weight and get in shape or some bad things could happen in the near future. :/ It was good for me to hear again too and was added motivation.

     So today, we started again, together and made a pact to support, and encourage each other to meet our goals. We  had oatmeal, fruit and string cheese for breakfast. A salad and apple for lunch and I am going to try a new recipe tonight for dinner. Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas with refried black beans and a Mexican side salad. Here is the recipe:

Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas

4 comments:

  1. lol hope things go well for you too . the sex thing gave me a chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just given a Quinoa recipe, I will have to send it to you. I also have more info you so, I promise to try really hard to message you soon - things have been even crazier than usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Amy, youre a busy gal!! I would love the recipe! I havent tried quinoa yet but anything that resembles a pasta or rice but is better for my diabetes has to be ok in my book!:)

      Delete